Those were my words exactly, last night around 11pm when I finished this and tried it on.
Yesterday I started and finished Simplicity 2443, one of their Cynthia Rowley patterns in a dark red knit. I bought the pattern and the fabric intending to make the dress in this fabric about two years ago when the pattern first came out, but I also wanted to make the jacket and I kept waiting for the right fabric to come along and I never found what I was looking for so the pattern went to the back of my “to sew” pile. Then when I decided to stash bust I pulled it out since I have the fabric ready for the dress.
Things I altered: I cut about 2 inches off the bottom, eliminated the interfacing and the zipper. I pleated the skirt instead of gathering it, I’m not really sure why but I’m kind of turned off by gathers right now.
I will definitely use this pattern again, but next time I’m going to use a thicker knit as this one already has a hole in it! Next time I’ll also bring the whole bodice up about an inch, the straps are gaping a bit when I sit down.
Pieces of stash fabric used: 4 – black linen, quilting fabric for postage blocks, black knit used for a wadder, and this red knit. (7.5yards used)
Pieces of new fabric bought: 0!
I can buy more fabric! I’m pretty excited about getting some new fabric because most of my stash fabric is fall/winter fabric 😦